Early Years - Otters and Badgers 2021 - 2022
We want to start by saying a big WELCOME from the Reception Team. We hope that your child is beginning to settle in their new school routine and if you have any questions or concerns please email or send a dojo message to your child's class teacher.... as we are ALWAYS here to help!!
The first year is extremely important as this is where we lay the foundations for your child’s learning journey.
During the first term we will be ensuring your child is….
- Coming into school happy!!!
- Becoming independent
- Being able to take their jumper off independently
- Learning how to sit and listen in a group
- Making new friends
- Helping at tidy up time
- Taking turns
- Walking down the corridor
- Sitting and eating my lunch
- Going to the toilet by myself
- Putting my hand up to answer questions on the carpet
Mrs Purslow - EYFS lead - Designated Safeguard Lead for Early Years - Reception Otters
Miss Cleary - Class Teacher - Reception Otters - Currently Covering Mrs Purslow's Maternity Leave
Miss Hall - Class Teacher - Reception Badgers
Mrs McFadden - Cover Supervisor & Mid-Day Assistant - Reception Otters
Mrs Darley - Teaching Assistant & Mid-Day Assistant - Reception Badgers
Miss Ambroci - Teaching Assistant & Mid-Day Assistant - Reception Otters
Miss Broxton - SEND Teaching Assistant - Reception Badgers
Important Messages for Parents & Carers
- Our day begins at 8.45am and finishes at 3.10pm.
- Please can your child come to school every day with a water bottle and their book bag.
- Reading Books will be changed on Monday's and Thursday's. Please ensure you child's reading log is filled so we know they are ready for a new book. Your child will also have ‘tricky red words’ in their book bags, please continue to practise at home every night and let us know when you feel they are ready for the next set.
- Milk is provided by a company called School Milk UK - if you would like your child to have milk at school please log onto the following website https://www.freshpastures.co.uk/parents.php
- Please can all clothing be labelled including their shoes - as we will swap them throughout the day to put on our wellies.
- PE sessions in the hall will begin after October Half Term. The children's PE kit consists of: a plain white t-shirt, black leggings or trackie bottoms (black shorts in the summer months) a pair of trainers and their red Abingdon jumper/cardigan to keep them warm.
Number Bonds Game
- The children work really hard to earn points for displaying skills such as good listening, working hard, and team work. This is shared with parents through class dojo so they can see their child’s individual achievements.
- We have stars of the day where two children are chosen to sit on the ‘star of the day’ chairs. When the adults pick at the end of the day, we explain to the children why they have been chosen and celebrate together their hard work.
- At the end of the half term we have various themed celebrations e.g. Halloween film and popcorn, Christmas party day. This is to acknowledge the hard work and effort the children have put in during the term.
- We also have whole class rewards.
Contact Details & Class Dojo
At Abingdon Primary School we use a commucation & rewards app called Class Dojo. This provides the children with an opportunity to earn points based on skills and values created in class and also links in with the schools core values of resilience, respect and responsibility. We use Class Dojos to engage parents by sharing photos and videos of exciting moments in the classroom. It is also an effective way for teachers and parents to communicate.
Early Years at Abingdon Primary
Files to Download
Early Years - Otters and Badgers: News items
Early Years - Otters and Badgers: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Early Years - Otters and Badgers: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Early Years - Otters and Badgers: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display