Abingdon Primary School is working to adopt the principles set out in Stockport’s Strategy for Improving Wellbeing in Education Settings. We recognise that the relationships based philosophy of Restorative Approaches within our setting will support and complement the following vision.
The vision for Abingdon Primary School is that:
- Our children / young people will be emotionally intelligent and emotionally resilient, equipped with the skills they need to grow and thrive.
- Our children / young people will know when and where to go for support when faced with challenges and will be able to access that support when it is needed.
- Our children will be supported to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Our parents and carers will be given the skills and knowledge to understand and respond to the difficulties children / young people face and we will ensure that information, advice and support is readily available to them.
- Our staff team will be supported to protect and improve their own emotional wellbeing and will be equipped to identify and respond to low levels of emotional wellbeing in young people, parents and carers and fellow staff members.
To continuously promote health and wellbeing in school we:
- Encourage the children to take part in daily sports activities at lunchtime and after school
- Check in with all our children each morning and provide them with bagels from National Schools Breakfast Programme
- Invite outside agencies such as the school dentist team into school to deliver healthy teeth workshops
- Teach children about eating healthy food through our PSHE curiiculum
- Encourage the children to drink water and eat healthy snacks
- Provide nuture activities when required using our Rainbow Room facility
We encourage our children to:
- Enjoy doing things together and talking to each other.
- Keep learning.
- Try something new. Try a new hobby, or learn about something just because it interests you.
- Take notice: Take a break to see how you feel...
Please click on the files below to access further information.
If you require any support or further information, please contact the school office on 0161 480 4531. For specific issues, see the contacts in the image below to access support.